The founder of Dressance and his wife currently own an alterations store in Provo, Utah. The idea for creating Dressance came about after many brides altered their wedding dresses at their store. Wedding dresses are the most expensive garments to alter. What the founder noticed was that the overall quality and design of the dresses that were brought in were not that great, so from a professional’s perspective, it was not worth it to spend so much money on alterations.
There have also been many brides who purchased their wedding gowns online, and they either ended up having to spend hundreds of extra dollars on alterations due to complications with the dress, or they had to purchase a new wedding dress entirely because the one they purchased initially was unalterable and non-refundable.
This wedding dress dilemma got the founder to start questioning the structure of the wedding dress market. So… he started to research the market, to find new ways to provide good quality wedding dresses at a reasonable price, to meet the need of people who have to shop within a budget. In the current wedding dress market, the founder learned:
- “Custom Made” wedding dresses, to your individual measurements, are expensive and take a long time to make.
- A majority of young couples have a specific wedding budget they have to stay within, so they cannot afford an expensive dress.
- Most brides end up buying more affordable dresses from retail stores that are pre-made and ready to be sold “off the rack”.
- It is not easy to find the perfect dress because high quality dresses with elegant designs and fabrics are likely out of their budget. However, no one wants to settle for a cheap dress that is low in quality with a mediocre design and style.
- Even if they find the right dress that is within their budget, the size may not fit well, so they either have to spend extra money on alterations.
- As a result, brides may spend a lot of time shopping around at different bridal stores and eventually choose a dress that they are not 100% satisfied with. After spending more time shopping, they may still spend extra time and money on alterations.
- These issues may be of special concern for plus-sized brides or brides who have unique body figures that do not fit well into standard dress sizes.
Through this research and the experience of owning an alterations store, the founder concluded that a “made-to-your-measurements” online wedding dress store is the best solution to these current market issues.
When it comes to buying a wedding dress online, customers want to have confidence that the dress they purchase will fit them perfectly, and that they will have a large range of designs and styles to choose from. This is why Dressance has been created. We want your dream dress to fit you right, and be affordable to your wedding budget.
Through Dressance, our customers can have confidence when buying their wedding dress online.
- Customers can visit one of our partners, who are skillful tailors, to get professionally measured for their wedding dress. Or, customers can measure themselves by simply following the measurement guide on our website.
- On our website, there are many styles and designs to choose from, regardless of body shape and size. We custom make the dress you choose, so it will fit you.
- Shopping online is a more comfortable and convenient way to shop, while saving time too.
- The delivery of your order does not take very long. It takes about as much time as getting alterations done.
- Customers do not have to worry about alterations. The dress will be made-to-your-measurements, to fit your body size. In the case that a sizing error occurs, our partners will take care of it with no extra cost. If it turns out that alterations are not possible with your dress, then we will remake it for you. If you purchased your dress without any help from one of our partners, we will cover the alteration costs incurred at your local tailor or seamstress shop.
- If you are still not satisfied, or you have some other issue with your order, then… Returns are simple. Just bring your dress back to our partner store where you placed your order, or return it using domestic shipping. That’s it.